r2rdbm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format

Go down

Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format Empty Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format

Post  Dan Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 am

ENTRIES ARE NOW OPEN!!

The 4th installment of the Winter League will be starting again in October and an open invitation is extended to all in the group to get involved.

There are a couple of reasons this was set up in 2010 and they still apply this year:
- There are still a few folk in our group that I've as yet not had the opportunity to play with. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this position, so it would be good to consciously make that happen so we're not just another name on an email thread.
- There are hardly any club competitions over the winter, and longevity in the club’s Winter Greensomes knockout competition isn't something that can be guaranteed!

For the courtesy of other teams – entries should be limited to those who are able to make themselves available to play matches at weekends fairly regularly over the winter. Of course that doesn’t mean you have to be free ‘every’ weekend - but - it becomes impossible to organise ties if for example you are only free 1 weekend day of every month. Depending on the number of teams that enter, the number of matches each team will have to play is likely to be roughly between 5 and 8 matches between October and March. That is approximately 6 months… or 26 weekends… or 52 Saturday or Sunday’s. It’s not a great commitment providing you are willing!

If you would like to be included but don’t have a regular partner – let me know and I’ll do my best to sort you out with someone suitable.

Please let me know by Friday 27th September if you are interested.

Cheers,
Dan

Last edited by Dan on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:57 am; edited 6 times in total
Dan
Dan
Admin

https://r2rdbm.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format Empty Re: Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format

Post  Dan Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:10 am

Winter League 2013-2014

1. Organisation of matches:

- All players confirm mobile number contact details with their own partner and with me (if I don’t already have them).
- I will send out an email to all the teams requesting availability for following 2 or 3 weekends.
- One member of each team will respond to me with the Saturday and Sunday's that both players are available to play over those 2-3 weekends.
- Once I've had responses from every team, I will suggest fixtures where dates correspond with other teams.
- As we reach the latter stages – i.e. when each team has only 1 or 2 matches to organise, I'll leave it to teams to organise ties with other teams directly.
- If you have to cancel a match at the last minute for any reason, just let me and the other team know and we can re-arrange. There won't be any 'walk-overs' resulting from this, we want to keep it flexible and not too formal.

2. Format for each match:

- 18 holes Four-Ball Better Ball matchplay.
- Matches are to be played to conclusion of all 18 holes for league formatting. results will be based on the number of holes each team has won, i.e. 'Team A' beats 'Team B' by 6 holes to 4 [with 8 holes halved], or 'Team C' draw's with 'Team D' 4-4 [with 10 holes halved].

3. Handicap allowance:

- Under 'Summer' conditions, where no more than 5 holes are played to winter greens - the handicap allowance will be 3/4 difference for each player.
- Under 'Winter' conditions, where 6 or more holes are played to winter greens - the handicap allowance will be 1/2 difference for each player.
__For clarification, the two holes set up in the central practice area during some winter months are to be treated as holes with 'winter greens'.

Adjustment of Ladies Handicap in Matches
During a match where Men play from the White Medal tees (full measured course SSS72) no adjustment should be made to a Ladies playing handicap prior to calculating handicap allowances.
During a match where Men play forward of the White Medal tees, i.e. from Yellow tees (measured course SSS70), or other Winter tees (not measured or rated), then the Ladies playing handicap should be adjusted by +2, prior to calculating handicap allowances - i.e. playing handicap of 14 is adjusted to 16 prior to calculating handicap allowance.

4.Competition format:

This will largely be dependant of the number of teams that enter, either:

A single league of up to 9 teams (perhaps more) where the top 2 teams qualify for the Final.
__Or,
Two mini-leagues with 5 or more teams with the top 2 teams progressing from each group to the Semi-final stage.

League position will be based in order of the following criteria:
[1] points accumulated - 2 points for a win. 1 point for a draw. 0 points for a loss
[2] where ties in points scored between 2 or more teams occur, the results between those teams only will decide the league ranking in the following criteria:
__(a) points accumulated against those teams tied,
__(b) hole difference between those teams tied (total holes won minus total holes lost),
__(c) highest number of holes won in matches against those teams tied,
If none of the above criteria separate the teams tied then
__(d) hole difference from ALL matches (total holes won minus total holes lost)
__(e) highest number of holes won in ALL matches.

Last edited by Dan on Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Dan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format Empty Re: Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format

Post  Dan Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:53 am

Note on Gimmies:

There is some disagreement as to how Gimmies should be awarded in Winter League matches.

(1) The default procedure is that Gimmies will be conceded in the normal fashion - by the discretion of the opposing team.

However, if both teams are in agreement - either of the following may be adopted:

(2) Gimmies can be given on the basis of the ball finishing 'inside the leather' of a standard length putter. If you don't know what that means study... please click on spoiler below

Spoiler:
or

(3) Gimmies can be given on the basis that once a players ball clearly rests on the green, there is a prior agreement that once the first putt is taken, the 2nd putt will be conceded regardless of the first putt's finishing position outwith the hole. This is commonly referred by some in the group as the '2-putt rule'. For guidance, this option is primarily for use during icy conditions.

It is advisable that if either (2) or (3) are adopted, that agreement is reached prior to commencing the match.

Given the friendly nature of the matches - and, in the general interest of speeding up play - it is advisable that in most matches option (2) will be adopted.
However, it is understandable that some teams will prefer to proceed under the traditional manner (1) and this must be respected.
Dan
Dan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Confirmed teams:

David Bryce / David Harrold
Damion Corrigan / Callum Regan
Steve Coyle / Jason Scott
Gary Crosbie / Brian Dobson
Andy Dickinson / Jason Ormiston
Tony Dickinson / Will Porter
Phil Docherty / Ross Thomas
Alan Gough / Dean O'Connor
David Gray / Gordon Syme
Graeme High / Peter Jaco
John Hope / Christie McNaughton
Maurice Laidlaw / Paul Turner
Daniel Laidlaw / Dorian Wiszniewski
Kenny Preston / Barry Sutherland

Dan
Dan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dan Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:47 pm

Winter League 2013-2014: Entries and Format 13_10_10
Dan
Dan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down